Woodhouse Grove Kindergarten is now an Incorporated Association, operated by a Committee of Management made up of a group of volunteer parents from the Kinder community as it has done for the last 60 years. Working in collaboration with the teaching staff, the Committee oversees the day-to-day running of the kindergarten and works towards improving the facility. The Committee is the manager of the service and employer of all staff. Each new Committee aims to build on the achievements of previous Committees, supporting our wonderful educators to provide our children with excellent pre-school experiences.
How could you be involved? Below, you will find a summary of the various committee roles and we warmly invite you to consider a place on next year’s Committee that is elected at the AGM. We also have fundraising activities, working bees, social events and EVERYONE is encouraged to be involved throughout the year.
Committee meetings need to be run efficiently and effectively, so that all Committee members can actively participate in discussion and decision-making.
An effective Committee can be characterised by:
- Open communication with information sharing and feedback on progress.
- A sense of co-operation and sharing of skills/ ideas and a feeling of trust within the team.
- A feeling of belonging and a sense of responsibility and loyalty to the team.
- Having clear goals and everyone having an understanding of their own role.
Committees work best when members accept their responsibilities, give the required time for each role and are committed to making the Committee work.
Responsible Committee members:
- Regularly attend monthly Committee meetings
- Remain up to date and informed on current issues (reading the agenda, newsletters, reports etc).
- Follow correct meeting procedure and maintain confidentiality of Committee information.
- Respect others right to express their opinions and be heard.
- Share responsibility and respect the decisions made by the Committee.
- Abide by service policies and be respectful of their position ie: expect no special privileges.
To nominate for a position on the Committee, please contact the current Secretary and ask for a nomination form. There will also be a nomination form in your enrolment pack.
Current Committee Executive & Contact Information
|Position||Executive Committee Member|
|Vice President||Sally Morgan|
Please call us to organise a tour with one of our educators or if you have any questions.
112 Woodhouse Grove
Box Hill North VIC 3129
03 9898 1994
Leave A Message
At Woodhouse Grove Kindergarten we want the children to know they can try it themselves, be themselves, celebrate diversity, play fair, look after the world, feel safe and enjoy their kindergarten journey. We see children as individuals who each have their own interests, ideas and perspectives. We believe in empowering the children to grow, take on risks, work independently, build resilience and express themselves in many ways. We offer the children new learning experiences and develop new skills whilst enabling them to make choices, develop their independence and feel a sense of pride and achievement.
© Woodhouse Grove Kindergarten 2021
Follow Us On